The Name: Vetranomix
Vet relates to the diseases, injuries, and treatment of animals (but you knew that). Nomix comes from us being molecular science nerds who thought it would be cool to shorten genomics and stick an X on the end. Vetranomix altogether is an innovative veterinary diagnostic laboratory that uses molecular technology to rapidly target infectious disease in animals.
That is cool, right?
We care about your pets as much as you do.
Changing the world of veterinary diagnostics with real-time PCR tests for dogs and cats, leading the fight against antibacterial resistance
Innovating veterinary medicine so you can treat pets faster, more efficiently, and with greater accuracy
Keeping pets healthy and happy by saving vets time, money, and stress with innovative and efficient diagnostics
Harnessing leading methods in modern science to offer ultra-clear, user friendly, easy-to-understand diagnostic reports
The Lightbulb Moment
We Got Started Because We Want to Keep Pets Healthy
Our story began when we were working together at a human PCR lab. During a training class, a colleague inquired if the lab could perform testing for veterinary medical cases. His question was focused on a single pet: his dog. Scout was suffering from recurrent UTIs. This cost Scout’s dad time and money, not to mention causing prolonged misery for his furry friend.
Cue lightbulb moment.
The idea for Vetranomix was born.
Meet The Team
A shared love of science and animals – combined with a burning desire to address the global problem of antimicrobial resistance – unites these brainy characters
jim fuller, PhD, DABCC, FAACC
Co-founder, Chief Quality & Science Officer
david diamonon, MBA
Chief Financial Officer
Charles Grice III, MB, LM (ASCP)
Director of Research & Development
Director of Marketing
Business Office Administrator
Not Just Another Veterinary Lab
We’re not living under a rock. We know other labs also perform PCR-based diagnostic analysis. So what makes Vetranomix different (and, ahem, better)?
- Vetranomix performs quality quantitative PCR. (We not only show you that klebsiella is present, we tell you how much is present — and what antibiotics the klebsiella is likely resistant to.)
- Vetranomix sends results in under 48 hours and costs about the same as traditional lab cultures.
- The VetraTest is virtually 100% accurate + 100% specific.
- Vetranomix innovates as the first veterinary diagnostics lab to present a full Antibiotic Resistance Panel (ABR), which provides antibiotic selection to guide therapy.
- The VetraTest seeks all the usual suspects, which can include viruses, fungi, bacteria (aerobic and anaerobic), and parasites.
- Vetranomix builds panels based on conditions routinely seen in practice (not in labs!).
- Vetranomix monitors results for emerging trends so we can continually adapt panels to the ever-changing world of veterinary medicine.
- VetraTest reports the PCR results in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
To order tests & supplies
Monday-Friday: 8 - 5 | Saturday 9 - 2
1010 Lamar Street | Ste. 1610
Houston, TX 77002
Stop experimenting, and start treating. Be the vet that patients trust to get it right – the first time.